Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

No Disc?!?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-05, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Disc?!?!?!?!?!?!

Has anyone else ever had this problem? I load the disc into the player, close it, and it reads that there is no disc in there. I have to eject it and move it around a bit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This happened wih my first player years ago and it got progressively worse. I would hate it see it happen with this player, buecause I am quite fond of it.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 09-27-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My Proscan dvd player it's beggining to do that as well. It's being such a loyal dvd player but I think it's coming to the end of the line

We'll see how much longer it stays with me.
Old 09-27-05, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Braddok
Has anyone else ever had this problem? I load the disc into the player, close it, and it reads that there is no disc in there. I have to eject it and move it around a bit. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. This happened wih my first player years ago and it got progressively worse. I would hate it see it happen with this player, buecause I am quite fond of it.

Has anyone else had this experience?
I had this happend and I got a lens cleaner disk and used it and it fixed the problem same thing with CD's give it a try.
Old 09-27-05, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts
I've noticed RCA/Proscan players do this. It gets worse and worse until you have a doorstop on your hands.
Old 09-27-05, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes. On Sony, Panasonic, Malata, Magnavox, Onkyo. Maybe others, can't remember.
Old 09-28-05, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Yep, gotta say that after only a couple of years of owning my toshiba (which by the way, is a really good player) it's starting to kick the bucket.

I get no disc errors, some movies distort and are unwatchable after getting halfway through them (which is the weirdest problem I've ever seen), and I even get sound droppage once in a while.

Too bad as I really love the player but oh well, they're all pretty cheap nowadays (in price that is).