Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Need some help with Sony KP-51HW40

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im having major problems with my KP-51HW40 sony projection tv. Whenever I turn on the TV it projects is a crisp and clear image like the first day I bought it. Then all of a sudden the image starts to slowly turn into this blue hue. Within 5 seconds of it starting to turn blue the TV gives off this bright blue flash and suddenly it returns back to its original state. This happens within the first 10 minutes of me turning on the TV, when it returns to its original state it does it again but only 3 minutes this time, by the 3rd or 4th time the TV completely blacks out and shuts off. Another thing to add is sometimes when the big flash is about to happen these curved blue lines appear on the screen for half a second. I had a problem before with these curved blue lines about a year ago.They appeared very lightly as opposed to very dark but instead it lasted for minutes instead of a half second. When the repair men came over to fix the previous curve line problem they simply took off the front panel and worked on it for about a minute. When I asked them what was wrong they said something about the mirrors being off.Anyways, after they worked on it the TV it worked fine .Is this the flicker issue that is common on this model? The reason Im not sure is because I thought the flicker issue was usually a yellowish hue instead of a blueish hue? If its not the flicker issue what else can it be and how much is it going to cost me? Is there any way I could do it myself.
If there is anything you know please post a reply or email at [email protected]

Last edited by nano; 07-29-05 at 07:20 PM.