DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Any DVD players that can jump straight to the movie (skip warnings, trailers, etc)? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/427464-any-dvd-players-can-jump-straight-movie-skip-warnings-trailers-etc.html)

cupon 06-19-05 03:46 PM

Any DVD players that can jump straight to the movie (skip warnings, trailers, etc)?

Do they exist? Preferably in region 0?

daddydaryl 06-19-05 05:44 PM

I don't know if it's Region 0, but Govideo has one HERE

Egon's Ghost 06-28-05 10:35 AM

Wow! I remember GoVideo, makers of the dual VCR! Cool.

rw2516 06-28-05 04:10 PM

If a player is programable and you know the title of the movie you can set it in couple seconds and hit play.

bryce0lynch 06-28-05 05:10 PM

I would kill for this feature. In fact, I'm thinking of switching to a Mac mini just because of this.

MuzSeeker 06-29-05 01:48 PM

Almost all new BBK players can do this

Originally Posted by cupon
Do they exist? Preferably in region 0?

BBK Players support this feature (they call it quick play or q.play). So just choose any new BBK models (those with DivX features) and you'll get that feature in addition to a very smart set of other functions: card flash/sd/mmc support, SPDIF/optical input, SPDIF/optical output for 5.1 digital speakers (and receiver), built-in DTS/SDDS, DD5.1/DDEx, DVD-Audio capabilities, built-in FM tuner and others... at the most cheapest price! ~100$

www.eebbk.com

CM04 06-29-05 03:19 PM

I was thinking about this the other night whilst watching the repeated Academy Award branding all over the Seinfeld season 4 DVD. This is 2005. For a little extra money I should be able to buy a version of any DVD minus the branding. It's bad enough on a mid-90's sitcom, but it's only going to get worse as every show now has 150 Executive Producers. It's really annoying.

I.Like.It 06-29-05 06:18 PM

My Zenith DVB318 has this feature. It's not region 0 though.

Officer Cartman 07-01-05 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by I.Like.It
My Zenith DVB318 has this feature. It's not region 0 though.

It does? How do you enable it? Mine is region 0 though, would that pose a problem?

daquint 07-04-05 03:48 AM

This topic is advocating piracy

svadas 07-04-05 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by daquint

LOL. And how does it do that? It's advocating freedom.

Djangoman 07-04-05 08:09 PM

Mine is Pioneer 676A, maybe equivalent with 575A. It's not exactly what you need, but very close with this trick. It may even work with your current player. When you insert the DVD, it starts loading, then the picture shows warning message,etc. No need to wait until it ends, just stop the player (twice to turn off resume mode), then press PLAY. There you are, you will be brought straight to the movie. I haven't tried this to all my DVDs though but works most of the time.

darkside 07-04-05 10:23 PM

I would kill for this feature in a DVD player. I hate having to wait through all that stuff on kids DVDs. The kid wants to watch their show, but Sony makes you sit through a long Sesame Street promo every time you start the disc. Total bullcrap.

fljoe 07-07-05 09:32 AM

On the Zenith DVB318 this feature is called Auto Play and this can be enabled from the Setup -> Others Menu. However I have had instances when this feature has not worked on some discs (Gladiator, Hellboy, AVIA ...). Also sometimes if a DVD is not authored properly, chances are the image just locks up and you have to do a hard reset (pull out the power cord) if Auto Play is enabled.

popcorn 07-07-05 12:25 PM

My Toshiba SD-3900 can do it by turning on the Auto Play feature. It's a must for those Disney DVDs!

kayak99 07-07-05 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by daquint

No, it is not.

IDrinkMolson 07-07-05 03:45 PM

I think some players, if you hold down the menu key while loading the disc it will take you right to the menu. I've, um, heard someone did that with adult DVD's...