Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any replayTV guys out here? Have a quick netowrking ques.

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 05-10-05, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I just bought a second repayTV unit, 5504. I want to hook this up to my current 5040. I have analog cable with no premium channels so no cable box. I'd like to be able to record 2 shows while watching a third (turn both replays off and just watch TV). Here's how I'd like to setup the system:

Cable Line --> Replay 5504 --> Replay 5040 --> TV.

I would take the cable line to the ANT IN on the 5504. Then take the Out to TV from the 5504 and put it to the ANT IN on the 5040. Then take the Out to TV from the 5040 to the ANT IN on the TV.

Will this work? It seems like it should work and the only time I'll have issues is when both units are on at the same time (which will never happen).

Otherwise....do I just take a splitter and make the 5504 unit a storage box with no connection to the TV and do everything from the 5040? If so, the connection would look like:

Cable Line --> Spliter 1 & 2 --> Line 1 to Replay 5040 & Line 2 to replay 5504 --> Replay 5040 connected to the TV. Connect both to the network.

Thanks
Old 05-10-05, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 180 Likes on 146 Posts
You should ask this question to the geeks in the Replay TV section on avsforum.com
Old 05-10-05, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you'd be better off with the splitter option. The first option looks like a mess and I'm not sure if it would work. You'll probably want to watch everything with the 5040 anyway as it has commercial advance.