Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any Thoughts On The HK AVR 235 7.1?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-05, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone here have the Harmon Kardon AVR 235 or no anyone who does and would care to share their thoughts? I'm starting to do some upgrading and have read some positive reviews on this reciever. The price seems more than reasonable and the room it is going into isn't exactly large. Thanks ahead of time.
Old 04-10-05, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 410 Likes on 355 Posts
Originally Posted by D.Zero
Anyone here have the Harmon Kardon AVR 235 or no anyone who does and would care to share their thoughts? I'm starting to do some upgrading and have read some positive reviews on this reciever. The price seems more than reasonable and the room it is going into isn't exactly large. Thanks ahead of time.
I don't have that exact model, however last year when I needed a receiver I purchased a refurbished 5.1 H/K directly from H/K (they had free shipping). It was a very low end/discontinued model. I figured I would use it in the living room untill I found something better then move it to the bedroom. However, I'm sooooo impressed I'm going to leave it in our 2nd main system in the living room. It is an excellent sounding unit. And don't be scared by the low watts. I have it in a very large open room (something along the lines of 18 X 40 or even longer). It has more then enough power for anything I want to do. It is a lot more powerful and better sounding then the Sony rated at nearly 3 times the watts that I repaced. I will likely buy another H/K for the media room.
Old 04-10-05, 07:33 PM

Thanks very much. Everything I've read on the unit mentions that it has a lot more power than the rating would imply. The more I read the more this reciever sounds like a steal at around $350.00 with free shipping.
Old 04-11-05, 01:56 PM

I have a refurb'd HK AVR 230, and it's fantastic. I was told by many before I purchased it that HK shows real-world watt ratings.