DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

DVD storage?

Old 04-08-05, 08:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVD storage?

I'm looking for the best way to store my DVD collection and get it off my living room floor! I think the big storage racks are pretty ugly and would like to be able to keep my DVDs out of view....any ideas?
Old 04-08-05, 02:29 PM

http://www.can-am.ca
Old 04-08-05, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by stacyT
I'm looking for the best way to store my DVD collection and get it off my living room floor! I think the big storage racks are pretty ugly and would like to be able to keep my DVDs out of view....any ideas?
My first idea would be to use the "search" feature...

My second idea would be to post how many DVDs you want to store and how much room you have for your storage rack. There are TONS of options out there (and as mentioned above, if you search, you'll find page after page of previous discusions on this topic).

I chose the Billy from Ikea, which a lot of others have as well:

Old 04-08-05, 08:37 PM

I suppose the number of discs in my collection would be very helpful! I only have about 80 DVDs right now. I really appreciate the help, but I have to say that I really don't want to get an entire stand or shelf for the cases...I don't think they look very nice. Has anyone found a good storage case/binder? I'm going to have another look around at the stores but if you have any tips, let me know.
Old 04-09-05, 05:06 PM

Try this link:

www.storeyourmedia.com
Old 04-09-05, 09:40 PM

I'm going to have another look around at the stores but if you have any tips, let me know.
A lot depends on your taste -

There are small enclosed cabinets:

There are large wall units:

There are spinners:

There are drawer units:

Or as you've stated, there are binders (don't have a pic link).

I know there have been some very lengthy threads in the past about DVD storage in this very forum.
Old 04-10-05, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suppose the number of discs in my collection would be very helpful! I only have about 80 DVDs right now. I really appreciate the help, but I have to say that I really don't want to get an entire stand or shelf for the cases...I don't think they look very nice. Has anyone found a good storage case/binder? I'm going to have another look around at the stores but if you have any tips, let me know.
Yo, he's asking about cases or binders. So, to answer the OP's question:

We deep-sixed our wide wall unit (about 7-800 dvd's) for binders. Part of the loft reorganization. I would recommend the Case Logic binders as the way to go. The DVD binders are kind of a ripoff though. They are taller with room for inserts on each page, and hold fewer discs. (Circuit City has the 40-disc ones for sale now pretty cheap, though, $8 for a 40-DVD wallet. Part No. DVB-40.)

The CD binders are great. You can get them in 2 cover types: the fake-leatherish Koskin or the regular, which is a black woven nylon fabric. They come in capacities from 40 or 80 up to 264 and 320. Each page has 4 pockets on each side, holding 8 discs total. Plus, the nice thing about CL binders is they pages are removable, so you can reorder or add pages as you want. The pages are held by 2 wide plastic bands thru 2 slots in each page, so they turn very easily.

The pages do not have insert storage (the dvd binders do). What we did is to put all of the cases away, and I only kept the inserts that are informative with the dvd's. (If they have something that is more than just a chapter listing, e.g.) I just keep the inserts loose between the pages of the binder where the associated dvd is. They don't fall out when you flip pages.

The binders zip closed around the perimeter and have a heavy handle to carry them. I organized our collection by categories, and put a label on each binder to note what is inside. It's very compact and accessible storage. We replaced a wall full of gaudy dvd cases with 5 discreet black binders that are almost invisible on top of my subwoofer.

Check CC or BB for the CaseLogic binders. Wait for sales (both stores have storage sales periodically) or check online by the model number for deals.
Old 06-01-05, 11:32 AM
Cool New Member

Anybody ever used these?

http://www.mmdesign.com/products/tray_dvd_pro.htm

I have about 1100 DVDs and I am out of room.
Trying to find out the best way to store things (convenience, easy access,decent price). I have everything alphabetical and would like to keep it that way.
Old 09-15-05, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What kind of storage does Blockbuster Video use where they just put the DVD's in sleeves in a drawer?
Old 09-16-05, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

No offense, but didn't you answer the question yourself? Sleeves in a drawer? Or are you looking for a place to buy or something?