Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help needed (I think my player just died and I need a new one quickly and cheaply)

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Help needed (I think my player just died and I need a new one quickly and cheaply)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-04, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a Mintek. While watching a DVD the screen went black and every time I put a DVD it keeps saying disc loading and and then after a while no disc. I tried several discs - no difference. I tried unpluging - no good. Any other suggestions or is my assumption correct?

Also did anyone see a good sale that I can pick up something quickly? I would prefer under $100.

Thanks

Austin
Old 10-22-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts
Sears has some DVD players for sales. I pickup a Panasonic S27 today for a total of $81.50 and I'm quite happy with it so far. Picture definetly better than my old RCA player which just died. If you have a local Sears in your area you might want to check out the players you want but hurry the sales end Saturday the 23rd.
Old 10-23-04, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

I appreciate your help. I stopped at a National Liquidators and picked up a very cheap model for under $40. Sears is a good distance for me, but I was headed in that direction if this didn't work out. Meanwhile I ordered an all region player via mail order
Many thanks for the help
Austin