Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Just bought a KLIPSCH SUB (KSW12) questions---->

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-04, 02:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best buy had this onsale for 25% off, and I got an extra 10 % bringing the price down from 500 to under 350 bucks. I couldn't resist!

I brought it home and hooked it up to my Onkyo reciever. The question I have is on the hook up. Right now I am going from my receiver out and branching into a Y cable and going into both the Dedicated line-level/LFE RCA inputs. What exactly is each input and how should I be hooking this up?

All in all I like the sub, but it sure doesnt rumble like a 400 watt sub should in my eyes. It is very mellow for music and I usually turn it up to 7-8 (out of 10) for steady bass. I also boost the sub output a few db on the onkyo receiver. It sounds best for movies, some scenes it shakes the house, others you can't tell it is there. Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-04, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I brought it home and hooked it up to my Onkyo reciever. The question I have is on the hook up. Right now I am going from my receiver out and branching into a Y cable and going into both the Dedicated line-level/LFE RCA inputs. What exactly is each input and how should I be hooking this up?
The connection sounds ok, did you check both the manual for the sub and the manual for the receiver?

You will need to calibrate your system with a setup disc and preferably an SPL meter.

As for the quality of the content you would need to have another sub for comparison although some dvds have great LFE tracks and others don't.
Old 09-21-04, 11:33 AM

what does LFE stand for?
Old 09-21-04, 03:51 PM

LFE - Low Frequency Effects

You might do better, posting these questions on the Klipsch forum

http://forums.klipsch.com/idealbb/default.asp