Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Projection TV

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-04, 12:18 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Projection TV

Can you play an X-box on a projection tv? I heard that you can not. What happens?
Old 08-16-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a HD-RPTV and play Xbox on it. As is the case with just about anything you play on a rear-projection: mix things up (DVDs, TV, games, etc) and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 08-16-04, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts
Re: Projection TV

Originally posted by darthsabatino
Can you play an X-box on a projection tv? I heard that you can not. What happens?
Some un-informed may tell you not to play games on a CRT RP (the big free standing TV's). CRT's can have burn in. However, with a few pre-cautions (proper calibration, reasonable amount of time, etc) it should not be an issue.
Old 08-16-04, 09:25 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about front projection tvs? Can you play on those?

I have a HD-RPTV and play Xbox on it. As is the case with just about anything you play on a rear-projection: mix things up (DVDs, TV, games, etc) and you shouldn't have any problems
What do you mean by mix things up?

However, with a few pre-cautions (proper calibration, reasonable amount of time, etc) it should not be an issue
What kind of calibration?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-16-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 412 Likes on 357 Posts
Yes, you can play games on a front projection TV.

Mixing things up means not playing one thing 24 hours a day. Do not just leave the TV on an item that is fixed (the scores on a game or even the logo's you seen the network show). Keep your game playing to a "reasonable" amount. If you want to play games on the TV 24 hours a day, you might want to look at a fixed pixal display (LCD, DLP).

Proper calibration means at the least turning down the contrast which is almost always set to high. But better is getting a calibration disc (there are a couple) and setting the TV with it. Best is to higher a pro to come in and do it.