Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Technics SA-DX950 Problem

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 06-23-04, 02:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had this Technics receiver for about a year and a half now, and I actually got it refurbished from Best Buy. Lately, it's been constantly clicking on and off after a few minutes (usually about twenty minutes) and than it becomes constant near the end of the film. All of the speakers are fairly new (in fact, I just purchased a brand new Bose center speaker) so I don't think thats a problem. It looks like it's a receiver malfunction, but I don't know for sure. Really not in the mood to go buy a new receiver unless I have to. What do you all think???
Old 06-23-04, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
make sure that none of your speaker leads are touching or are close to each other. when i used separate banana plugs on my center channel, the were very close to touching and sometimes would (very loud scenes were perhaps causing them to move just enough to touch).

i replaced them with connected banana plugs like this:

and it solved my problem. yours sounds more like it might be something to do with a thermal protector or the like. give it more ventilation (take it out of your entertainment center or whatever) and get some air on it and see if it continues.