DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   I'm looking for DVD burner dual layer (8.5g) info... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/362375-im-looking-dvd-burner-dual-layer-8-5g-info.html)

ds6161 05-04-04 10:44 PM

I'm looking for DVD burner dual layer (8.5g) info...

any one know of a good web site with info about the next wave of PC DVD burners??

also will they make dual side dual layer disc's???

thankz

Shroud 05-10-04 12:16 AM

www.cdrinfo.com, good website for CDR and DVDR recording info.
The Dual Layer burners will be cheap enough, however I would think the media will be expensive.

Psychlowne 05-10-04 12:51 AM

I don't think you can burn dual layer with consumer DVD Writers. Not 100% sure on that, though.

cajun_junky 05-10-04 09:28 AM

Originally posted by Psychlowne
I don't think you can burn dual layer with consumer DVD Writers. Not 100% sure on that, though.
Not yet, but it is coming according to lots of website. Here is a little info LINK

emoxley 05-10-04 10:47 AM

I guess a dual layer burner will be nice. But, I'd wait for second or third generation, to get the bugs worked out.

removed discussion about copying commercial DVDs

ds6161 05-10-04 06:57 PM

the Sony DRU-700A ??'s

Does the DL only record in +R??

What about - R??

What will the compatability be on DVD players, new & old???

thankz for all the info so far!!!!!!!!

I just keep getting more and more ??'s

Frank S 05-10-04 10:43 PM

Re: the Sony DRU-700A ??'s

Originally posted by ds6161
Does the DL only record in +R??

What about - R??

What will the compatability be on DVD players, new & old???

thankz for all the info so far!!!!!!!!

I just keep getting more and more ??'s

Your asking questions that can only be answered when the burners are actually out in the hands of consumers, so since they are yet to be released you are wasting time asking the questions now. And if you think the manufacturers are the place to get your answers you are sadly mistaken since they will never give you negative info on their products.

ds6161 06-01-04 03:46 PM

any new info??

bump

DVD Josh 06-01-04 03:49 PM

About the only new info that has come out is that people are reporting seeing blank media in stores...at $6 a DISC. Most of us are waiting a few more months for quality and compatibility issues to sort itself out.

BTW - there is a highly informative thread in Tech Talk.

X 06-01-04 05:46 PM

Originally posted by DVD Josh
About the only new info that has come out is that people are reporting seeing blank media in stores...at $6 a DISC. Most of us are waiting a few more months for quality and compatibility issues to sort itself out.

BTW - there is a highly informative thread in Tech Talk.

And since one was also started by ds6161 I'll close this cross-post.