Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

dvd recorder recommendation/question

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-04, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This forum won't let me search for dvd recorder reviews/recommendations because "dvd" is too short to be used as a search term.

Many shows on TV are captioned whereas the DVD is not, such as Stargate SG-1 Seasons 3-present and most Godzilla movies. Thusly, I want to get a DVD recorder to copy these shows. I already have 4 vhs tapes full of Stargate season 3 shows (They're not being shown in order). I'd like to get a recorder that'll also setup a menu and will play in my computer's dvd drive. I'd also like to copy HBO shows from time to time.

Someone recommended the Panasonic DMR-E50K so I checked Amazon's reviews. It's a DVD-ram and -r. Reviews said the DMR-E50K can't copy anything higher than channel 61. the SF channel is channel 71 or 72 here.

The Liteon LW-5001 DVD Plus Recorder seems to be good as well but there don't seem to be many reviews on the web. Does anyone have this recorder?

TIA
infael
Old 02-24-04, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by infael
The Liteon LW-5001 DVD Plus Recorder seems to be good as well but there don't seem to be many reviews on the web. Does anyone have this recorder?
Reviews here.