Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Good 24"/27" and home theatre

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Good 24"/27" and home theatre

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-03, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good 24inch/27inch and home theatre

Hey im looking to buy a 24inch or 27inch TV. I dont want to spend any more then $600 (canadian..) so thats about $400 US i think... so no more then that.

After that i want to get a reciever.. and speakers... (home theatre in a box) without a DVD player. Nothing spectacular... something as good as it gets for about $400-$500 (canadian) $265-$340 (US.) around there...

This is mainly for movies.
Also as a bonus, if someone can tell me why sometimes i see Sony Wegas and stuff like that in electronic stores and the picture looks fuzzy and like crap thatd be great... is it the cable running so many TVs? Or is it always like that...

edit: also what are the good brands for TVs, and what should i make sure not to get.

Last edited by The Ferret; 09-04-03 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-04-03, 06:11 PM

If you want a 24 to 27 foot television set, you're going to have to buy used. It's difficult to get the kind of lumens required to drive a picture that big with such a low cost unit though.
Old 09-04-03, 06:38 PM

inches dammit, INCHES
Old 09-05-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Good 24inch/27inch and home theatre

Originally posted by andrewdow

Also as a bonus, if someone can tell me why sometimes i see Sony Wegas and stuff like that in electronic stores and the picture looks fuzzy and like crap thatd be great... is it the cable running so many TVs? Or is it always like that...
It's that and because TVs you see in the store are often not calibrated to give the most accurate picture.

At the $400 price point for a regular set, you should be a able to pick up a nice 27" flat screen set. Try and get one with the 16:9 squeeze. Also, don't get hung up on Sony for a low-end set, they're not made the way they used to be.