Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Fuzzy text on TV, any ideas on fixing?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it's not exactly a home theater TV, but this seemed the best place to put this.

I gave my former roommates my old TV. It's a GE and even though this sounds completely non standard, I'd swear that when I bought it that it was listed as a 26" TV, although maybe it actually is 27" It was originally bought new in '95 I think.

Anyway, they don't have the money for a new one, but this one has gotten to the point that you can't read most text displayed on it (such as during video games, etc) The text looks quite blurry, kind of like if you were looking at it through someone else's glasses.

Anyone know of a relatively simple adjustment that an average lay-person could handle? (None of the picture controls such as contrast, brightness etc make any differance at all)

I suppose they could take it to a TV repair shop, but I'm not sure if that's possible for them at the moment.

Thanks all!
Old 04-30-03, 08:36 AM
Bru

look on the back of the set for a focus knob.

I have an rca tv bought the same year and other then the sharpness control in the menu , on the back of the tv is a focus knob and brightness knob. never seen this on another tv but worth a check.

also tv's from back then arent as good as tody. I have a jvc flat 27" with a 3 line filter in it and watching basjetball games I can see the names on the back of the jerseys from a far camera shot. on my rca its just not even close to that.

plus age I would assume cant help.