Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Cheapest price for Panasonic 53" for pricematch at Bestbuy

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-03, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have printed off the price of the Panasonic PT53WX42 from Onecall($1699 or $1529 after discount and rebate) and Circuit City($1699), but I was hoping for more ammo to go pricematch with.

Does anyone know of a site that I can print the price for this TV so I can pricematch better?
Old 03-27-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why not print this coupon out and use it for 10% off at Best Buy (3/27/03 - 3/29/03)?

http://postfuture.com/H/BestBuy/AdHo...oupon_web.html
Old 03-27-03, 04:05 PM

Thanks for the coupon. How did you become privy to such nice coupons by the way?
Old 03-27-03, 05:20 PM

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/tvbuys/panpt53169hd.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/1800nice...pt53169hd.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/electron...pt53169hd.html
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/mediasou...pt53inhdr.html
http://www.avs-store.com/MSDetails.a...umber=PT53wx42
Old 03-27-03, 06:04 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: Cheapest price for Panasonic 53" for pricematch at Bestbuy

What state are you in? I can point you in the direction of several places around the country that are selling it for about $1300, brand new, non-refurbs. Most that I know of have it in stock.

Also -- I don't think Best Buy will give a price match on a website. You are lucky if they will price match a B&M more than 20 miles away.
Old 03-28-03, 10:31 AM

yeah, the ones that are 1300 at auction with free shipping say it takes 2-4 weeks to get to you. they have the 47" one for 1200 as well on ebay.
Old 03-28-03, 10:50 AM

I am in Texas...more specifically...DFW

Does that help?

EDIT: The main reason I was considering Best Buy was because of the extended warranty. I would never buy it on anything that i consider "disposable", but I definitely want the extra protection and service that the extended warranty, albeit overpriced, provides. Are there similar warranty plans at different places that would sell it for cheaper?
Old 03-28-03, 01:39 PM

Originally posted by gabeon
I am in Texas...more specifically...DFW

Does that help?

EDIT: The main reason I was considering Best Buy was because of the extended warranty. I would never buy it on anything that i consider "disposable", but I definitely want the extra protection and service that the extended warranty, albeit overpriced, provides. Are there similar warranty plans at different places that would sell it for cheaper?
Yeah, there are smaller places around the country that offer extended warranties. But, none near DFW that I know of.

DFW should have several high-end dealers. Try calling a few of them up and ask them how low they can go.

Also, how much is the extended warranty at BB? Dang! $300?! That's almost 25% of the price of the TV. For that kind of money, you could almost buy a 2nd TV if this one crapped out. Something to think about.

Oh. And I know of a few places in Jersey and NYC that have them in stock and would ship Monday, if you ordered today. But, you'd be spending several hundred in shipping.
Old 04-01-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have got a place I can get you set up in your area, email me privately, fell free to email moderators mao and trigger for my references.
Old 04-03-03, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
When I bought my RPTV, Circuit City wanted $399 for a 5 year warranty, but considering I paid $1299 for the RPTV, I decided to not get the warranty and apply the $399 I saved to my next RPTV when the time comes for a new one.
Old 04-08-03, 10:12 AM

After I got my TV, my friend now decided that he MUST have one. He is limited to Best Buy for the purchase since he has an account there, and his wife wants him to use the 18 months no interest or payment thing that they have.

Is there another printable coupon that he can use? Any pricematches anywhere?

Thanks in advance...I guess I should change my signature to not mention my squandered RPTV fund since I now have one !!!!!
Old 04-08-03, 02:35 PM

After working for Best Buy many years ago, I realized that a majority of people that use the "No Int, No Pmt" promos do not realize that it isn't really no interest nor no payment. This is of course by design.

Just make sure your friend knows that interest is accumulating on that purchase amount from the day he buys it. If he doesn't pay it off FULLY within the 18 months, he will have to pay that interest, ... even if he miswrites his final check by a penny.

If he doesn't even try to pay it off until the 18 months are over, he will accumulate more than $600 in interest and that would be added to the amount owed.

The last time I made a purchase on the NINP plan at BB, I ended up tearing my ACL at a volleyball tournament a week after I bought my washer/dryer (any VB players ever go to the Mother Lode in Aspen?). I ended up not being able to work for 3 months, and didn't finish full payments in time and about $180 in interest was tacked on.

Originally posted by Patman
When I bought my RPTV, Circuit City wanted $399 for a 5 year warranty, but considering I paid $1299 for the RPTV, I decided to not get the warranty and apply the $399 I saved to my next RPTV when the time comes for a new one.
Good call!