Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Bought a new DVD player ....

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 03-26-03, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured it was time to pass my Toshiba 2006 DVD player on to the kids and get something new for the living room. Nothing wrong with this ancient Toshiba but had that hole burning in my pocket ...

Still using my also ancient Pioneer VSX-D606S DD Receiver so figured I'd get something with built in DTS decoding as to upgrade the receiver without buying a new one. While I was at it , DVD-Audio has been on my mind for some time, so I end up with a Panasonic DVD-RP91. Maybe some better choices out there but thats what I went with.

Now to the problem ..... now realizing that to get full use of the DVD-Audio, I must use the analog out's. Guess what I didn't bother to check on my receiver? *smacks head* It has no analog inputs other than L/R.

This Pioneer has been a great receiver. Has one of the best remotes I've ever had in a product. I really hate to replace it but seems I must to fully enjoy my other new toy.

I'm not really current on receivers(im a computer junkie) so thought I'd ask for some opinions on a low priced one say in the $200-$300 range. I've scanned over the Denon 1403/1603 and Panasonic SA-HE100. Any experience or opinions appreciated.