Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

What component rack to buy?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 03-17-03, 01:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently bought my first home theatre set-up and Have everything except the component rack. My only concern is that the rack is black and can hold atleast 3 components. I was hoping someone could suggest a good component rack for my needs. Thanks

My HT set-up:
four NHT superones
one NHT supercenter
one NHT SW-10 Sub
four Sanus NF-36b speaker stands
Harman Kardon AVR 525
Pro-scan 32" TV with matching stand (soon to be replaced with 42" HDTV)
Old 03-17-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's a link to some picture and ideas:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=219304

you can also check out www.bushfurniture.com

they cost more but have a lot of diff styles
Old 03-17-03, 08:43 AM

I would highly recommend Sanus System racks. Audio Advisor is one source. I have the Euro System 5-shelf rack. The stuff at Best Buy is not that well made. The Sanus is rock solid , and made in the states.

James
Old 03-17-03, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you are into DIY, you could make your own. I am debating whether to build my own, or buy. So help is available on other sites. Here is one I am considering: FLEXY
Old 03-17-03, 03:12 PM

ive owned a salamander archetype, and now i use a sanus basic foundations. its VERY nice. very strudy, holds my heavy stuff, and looks great. plus, the back is completely open and has holes for wire maintenance.

my advice, if you have decent stuff, spend some money on a good stand. it will look better, and the stand holds its value, it will never become obsolete.
Old 03-17-03, 05:15 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I would think that FLEXY is just that -- FLEXIBLE. Looks like it would be very unstable.
Old 03-17-03, 05:25 PM

I like the Sanus nf204b but onecall.com is sold out at the moment, do you know of another reliable place to order it from.

Thanks for all the suggestions I am still looking at other models too.
Old 03-17-03, 05:28 PM

yeah, my salamander designs archetype (the flexy is a ripoff of it), was pretty stable, but not the MOST stable rack out there, and the flexy looks like it would be less stable. mine had very thick uprights, and a good bolting mechanism. i could see tall racks being quite wobbly though.

Originally posted by Wolf Husky
I would think that FLEXY is just that -- FLEXIBLE. Looks like it would be very unstable.
Old 03-17-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have used Studio Tech for the last few years and I am very happy with how sturdy it is.

http://www.studiotech.com
Old 03-17-03, 10:33 PM

Check Audio Advisor.

James
Old 03-19-03, 08:03 AM

"bello'" There is no substitute. But the Boltz racks are also good if you need heavy duty racks. If you were running monoblock amps or something like that.
Old 03-19-03, 03:30 PM

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...d=4&sku=VI1005

Not bad for $239 shipped. Isolation spikes on every level, choice of shelf and cap color, and max weight load of 350lbs (max 200 on single shelf).

Old 03-19-03, 05:21 PM

Originally posted by gotapex
http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/sh...d=4&sku=VI1005

Not bad for $239 shipped. Isolation spikes on every level, choice of shelf and cap color, and max weight load of 350lbs (max 200 on single shelf).

This one looks pretty good, has anyone used this brand before.

Also I am thinking of going to my local Tweeter to look at some of the "bello" ones they carry to see if there are any at a resonable price.
Old 03-20-03, 04:56 PM

I'm using one of their 6-shelf glass ones. Apparently, VTI isn't too far from where I live here in Southern California.
Old 03-21-03, 03:56 PM

I finally ended up purchasing a Bello rack from Tweeter.

I just liked the overall look and heard that Bello is a good brand. Thanks for all the ideas.
Old 03-21-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the racksandstands link. There is some nice stuff there at pretty good prices.
Old 03-23-03, 08:59 PM

ya know, i sell bello stands, and i personally dont like them too much. some are pretty flimsy (most are very nice), but they also arent made for a lot of stuff. typically, its hard to fit a bunch of stuff on them, they are designed bad IMO. PLUS, i have had a few collapse too! you really need to take a lot of care with them, and make sure they are put together WELL. if not, i have had them collapse, and damage about $10K worth of equipment.

Originally posted by Berkowitz
"bello'" There is no substitute. But the Boltz racks are also good if you need heavy duty racks. If you were running monoblock amps or something like that.
Old 03-24-03, 02:47 AM

It depends on how much you want to spend and how large your components are. I bought a Schroers & Schroers one a while back that is pricey and fit the components I had at the time but I have since gotten a few new components that are too large for it. Another company that has awesome quality is Billy Bags but they are expensive as well
Old 03-25-03, 11:15 AM

Originally posted by cowanrg
ya know, i sell bello stands, and i personally dont like them too much. some are pretty flimsy (most are very nice), but they also arent made for a lot of stuff. typically, its hard to fit a bunch of stuff on them, they are designed bad IMO. PLUS, i have had a few collapse too! you really need to take a lot of care with them, and make sure they are put together WELL. if not, i have had them collapse, and damage about $10K worth of equipment.
I have an Alto Romari. Which would be considered flimsy. Her is what I have on it. Parasound 2500u, toshiba sd9200, CAL CL-15 CD, Motorola 5100 HDcable, Zenith DTV1080(ota hd) Monster HTS3500 and a Sony VCR. I also have a parasound amp on the bottom of it all. The stand is rock solid with weigh ton it. No movement and only compliments on the looks.