DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Opinion on Panasonic SA-HE100 Receiver

Old 01-04-03, 12:39 PM
michaelicq needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Opinion on Panasonic SA-HE100 Receiver

I am interested in buying a new home theatre system. I read in a recent Consumer Reports article that the Panasonic SA-HE100 receiver was their top-rated receiver in the $300-800 range. In fact it was one of the lowest priced receivers at around $300. I would appreciate any input regarding this receiver, as I would like to spend less than $500 for a receiver.
Old 01-04-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The Panasonic SAHE100 is a solid reciever for the price. The reciever's sound quality is very good, while the features (unofficial DD-EX, official DTS-ES Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo-6, Pro Logic II, quite a few inputs) are also good for the price paid.

Now...are there better recievers for a bit more money? The Pioneer 811 is a more well-reviewed model, which is generally found for about $75 more.

Still, the Panasonic model is certainly a very good bargain reciever that offers fine quality and solid features.
Old 01-05-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is nothing wrong with the Panasonic HE100, but I think there are many better options in the sub-$500 price range.

Some of my favorites:

$250-300
Onkyo SR-500
Denon AVR-1403

$400
Onkyo SR-600 (an especially great value)

$500
Denon 2802
Outlaw Audio 1050

Like someone stated in your other thread, Consumer Reports is the last place to look for audio product reviews.
Old 01-09-03, 11:41 PM
michaelicq needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I have read from 2 posts stating that the pioneer 811 would be a better choice for a bit more money. I would appreciate a reply stating why that is a better choice. Thanks!