DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need information on the JVC RX-8020VBK receiver

Old 01-03-03, 09:15 AM
Suave Member

Need information on the JVC RX-8020VBK receiver

I am very interested on the USB capability of this particular receiver. This is according to the JVC website:

The RX-8020VBK also allows you to play your MP3 files directly from your PC through a front USB input. This new flexibility allows you to play music recorded on your computer with the greatest fidelity.

I would like to know exactly how this feature is controlled. Can it be done through the receiver remote or is it controlled from the PC? Anyone know?

Old 01-03-03, 12:51 PM

I have the JVC 9010, which I would assume works the same as the 8020. When you first connect the receiver to the computer with the USB cable it loads a couple of drivers on the computer. There is a new multimedia device listed on the computer and if this device is selected all sounds that would normally come out of the computer speakers come out of the receiver. The receiver has no control over the computer, it can only change the volume.
It is a pretty nice feature if your computer is fairly close to your receiver.
Old 01-03-03, 01:09 PM
Suave Member

Ah. Thanks Gumby. It is not exactly what I had envisioned but a cool feature nonetheless.