DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony Dream System DAV-C770 reviews?

Old 12-13-02, 10:39 PM

Sony Dream System DAV-C770 reviews?

Hello,
After christmas I'm thinking of getting the Sony DAV-C770 dream system. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with them and could give me a review. I really like audio gear but I'm not totally an "audio-video phile", I just want a nice system that's easy to use and compact and this unit has all the features I'm looking for including the progressive scan output! I know everyone says Sony speakers aren't good but honestly I can never tell too much in major differences. I'm just curious on the performance of this "all-in-one" piece. Please post any opinions or experience with this player. Thanks, B
Old 12-15-02, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You may want to try taking a look over at www.hometheaterspot.com
Old 12-15-02, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Here's one review - negative: Link

Customer review @ Amazon.com (also negative, complaining of the same problem): Link

More reviews at Cnet.com: Link. Some here are positive, but a few complain of the subtitle glitch here, too.

Maybe you should consider a separate reciever, DVD player
& speaker set. The Onkyo HT-650 is also a nice Home Theater Set (no DVD player though, just reciever/speakers) worth considering.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dvdmovie1; 12-15-02 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 01:17 AM

ive sold quite a few of these at work, if you want to know anything specific, feel free to email me, cowanrg at attbi dot com.

i can tell you pretty much everything about sound, features, build quality, etc. (unskewed, as its pretty decent for a HTIAB)
Old 12-16-02, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
if it's like the other dream systems it uses a proprietary type of connection for the speakers