DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Suggestions for a 36 inch TV?

Old 12-13-02, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Suggestions for a 36 inch TV?

Looking to buy a 34 or 36 inch TV during the holidays.... I've been looking at Sony Wegas but have heard some good feedback about Toshiba TVs as well. I also saw a good looking JVC in Circuit City but forgot to take down the model. Anyway, what I'm looking for should be a flat screen and have V-compression (is that the same as 3:2 pulldown?). Are there any other requirements I must have? (I have never bought a TV this large below). Also, my budget is about $1000 to $1500. Any suggestions would be most welcome!
Old 12-13-02, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you plan on using it for a while, get one that is HD ready.
Old 12-13-02, 05:42 PM

I have a 2 yr old Toshiba 36"with the video component inputs.The picture from Directv and dvds are crisp,with excellant colors.These tv,s are $800-900.If your not ready for hdtv,Toshiba is a good choice.With xmas and super bowls sales this is a good time to find a deal.Good luck
Old 12-14-02, 10:33 AM
Banned

I have a 36'' RCA DTV. I believe RCA only has 1 36" DTV. This dtv is awsome, crisp picture, lost of features and have not had a single problem with it also you cant go wrong with the RCA name. You can probably pick this set up at Best Buy, and dont forget to haggle with the price!! THEY WILL COME DOWN SOME ON THEIR TV's. Just be persistant! I have a friend who worked at BB and most people dont know on some of theses expensive purchases they will come down considerably if u ask a few times.