DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Suggest a good dvd/cd storage unit.

Old 12-12-02, 09:09 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Suggest a good dvd/cd storage unit.

I need to get a new storage unit for my place, to hold dvd's and cds.

The tv is in a pine armoire, and the floors are white oak.
so I think it would have to be a lighter coloured unit.

I have about 100 dvd's and 500+cd's But I don't want a monstrosity, something aestethically pleasing.

Cost is not a huge factor but am not into spending more than 400 on it.
Old 12-22-02, 06:26 PM
bga

For a little over $200, I'd recommend the Auvicase Tokyo TMS-880 carousel. I got mine at http://www.homeaudiosuperstore.com/d...UVICASE_TMS880,
but there are several other dealers carrying it. I got the cherry unit, but you'd probably want to go with natural/black. You should be able to fit all of your DVDs and CDs in one unit, but there probably won't be much room for expansion.
Old 02-23-03, 12:16 AM

A word of warning:

I put my auvicase 420 (the smaller version) together today. Well, mostly together. Lining up the top is a B**CH!!!!! Assembling everything else was easy. After 15 minutes with the top, I was cussing like a sailor. You need to line up *15* dowels with the corresponding holes. I swear that it took me a good hour to get the top mostly lined up (with lots of glue spread all over the inside top). I just need a mallet to finish the job.

The engineer that designed this focker will hopefully spend the rest of his life in hell being forced to put these together.

I'm ok w/ Ikea furniture. I have NEVER had such a bad experience putting something together though. It looks like it will be pretty nice when it's all done.

EDIT: Crikey, even with this it took a good 15 minutes of pounding to get the top of this thing almost seated! Looks like I'll need a sledge hammer to really finish the job. That, or some lighter fluid...

Last edited by RightHere; 02-23-03 at 11:09 PM.