DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

RP82 - where can I find a cheap price?

Old 11-16-02, 12:29 AM
Banned

RP82 - where can I find a cheap price?

I remember someone posting a link to a web site that sold the rp82 for $200, but I lost that link.

Does anyone know of a place where I can find this player for a really cheap price?
Old 11-16-02, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Onecall has it in stock for $206 with free shipping:

http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_15488.htm
Old 11-16-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

William....order this now from Onecall before they run out of stock. $206.10 shipped...ordered last Sunday(10th) and received on Wednesday via FEDEX. Great player.....not sure the decoders can rival my outboard decoder for DD/DTS sound. Used the DTS decoder on my Band Of Brothers dvd and did not feel like I was getting the sound that my outboard decoder gives me. I will try out the decoders on a few more movies but will more than likely stick with my outboard decoder and let the Panny do what I need it to do....Play dvds!!!! Great player...Great Picture!!!

Finally received my Pioneer SD533HD5!!! I am sooooo glad I went with this set and stayed away from the Sony sets. Unreal how nice this set is and for the price......these sets started out at $4000.00 last year...I paid $2540.00 which included my three year warranty....upgraded shipping...component cables. How is your Panny set doing William? You were having problems with it at first weren't you? I would highly recommend the Pioneer set to anyone looking for an HDTV ready RPTV.
Old 11-17-02, 12:13 AM
Banned

That's a great deal! I just got it!

And nearly a month ago I bought an RP62 for $180+tax for a total of $194. Now I'm getting the RP82 for only 11 bucks more!
Old 11-17-02, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by djones6746
Great player.....not sure the decoders can rival my outboard decoder for DD/DTS sound. Used the DTS decoder on my Band Of Brothers dvd and did not feel like I was getting the sound that my outboard decoder gives me. I will try out the decoders on a few more movies but will more than likely stick with my outboard decoder
.....except for DVD-A of course.

Originally posted by William Wallace
That's a great deal! I just got it!

And nearly a month ago I bought an RP62 for $180+tax for a total of $194. Now I'm getting the RP82 for only 11 bucks more!
Congrats.

It's pretty amazing how closely these two players are priced with the new meeting the old. I always advise people who are looking at the 62/82 to get the 82. A better picture and more features for only a little more money. It's well worth it.
Old 11-17-02, 07:10 PM

If you need a changer, the CP72 is a good choice. It has the internals of the RP82 (better mpeg decoder of RP82/RP91, as well as Sage/Faroudja deinterlacer of RP56/RP62/RP82), and is a 5-disk changer. It doesn't have coax output though, just optical. However, it's like $194.10 shipped after rebate.
Old 11-17-02, 10:59 PM
Banned

nekobus,

I see you post at animeondvd.com
Old 11-20-02, 10:40 PM
Banned

I just got the player, and I have a question about the setup.

There are so many options, and I'm confused. I understand that you are suppose to be in "Auto 1" mode, but I don't know how I select that mode. And what is this "remaster" button?

Can someone explain how the settings should go on this player? The manual for it stinks.
Old 12-04-02, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by gotapex
If you need a changer, the CP72 is a good choice. It has the internals of the RP82 (better mpeg decoder of RP82/RP91, as well as Sage/Faroudja deinterlacer of RP56/RP62/RP82), and is a 5-disk changer. It doesn't have coax output though, just optical. However, it's like $194.10 shipped after rebate.

What issues exist with having just an optical output?
Old 12-04-02, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by William Wallace
I just got the player, and I have a question about the setup.

There are so many options, and I'm confused. I understand that you are suppose to be in "Auto 1" mode, but I don't know how I select that mode. And what is this "remaster" button?

Can someone explain how the settings should go on this player? The manual for it stinks.
Pannie's DVD player manuals have never been very straight forward, they do a real bad job explaining all the little features.

Flip over to page 20. On the left side is an illustration and how to set it. Be sure that the "progressive scan" button on the front of the player is on and that progressive scan output is enabled in the player setup menu.

The "Remaster" button is for when playing audio CDs (page 12 right column).

Originally posted by JAMMER57
What issues exist with having just an optical output?
Some people don't have enough optical inputs on their receiver.

Last edited by nekobus; 12-04-02 at 03:47 PM.