DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Awesome Deal at Best Buy?????? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/248215-awesome-deal-best-buy.html)

postermen 11-04-02 01:04 AM

Awesome Deal at Best Buy??????

Best Buy has the a Philips 55" High-Definition 1080i projection TV monitor ( 55PP9352) for $2199. It also comes with a free Leather recliner w/ ottoman, free delivery, free DVD home theatre (LX3500d) , 4 free DVDs of your choice, and a $100 gift card. Also no interest financing for 2 years. I also have a prefered weekend 10% off to bring the cost under $1999. Does this deal come along often, or should I go right away to get one? Is this deal not as good as it seems?

Matt

Brian Shannon 11-04-02 06:43 AM

IMHO I would want to know more about the TV than the deal.

Do you like the TV? Does it have the features you want? Have you been able to see it with several different video sources?

Frank S 11-04-02 06:03 PM

I have to agree with the above poster... check out reviews of the HDTV and if it turns out it's a solid HDTV then I would say it is indeed a good deal. But ONLY if they HDTV is of good quality!

A.D.D. for DVD 11-05-02 06:18 AM

The reviews I've seen look favorable on this model, as well as the one it replaced...

It looks like there is also an $80 mail-in rebate on this. That's a lot of stuff for approx. $1900 (-$100 BB GC = $1800.)

Nice find!

HDTVfor30th 11-05-02 01:08 PM

postermen,
How are you getting no-interest financing for 2 years? Our ad states that they are only giving 6 months this week. Am I missing something?

postermen 11-05-02 06:50 PM

on page 10. it says no interest for 24 months

HDTVfor30th 11-06-02 07:57 AM

Different cities have different ads. Ours says no interest until April 2003 (6 months) with the free recliner, free HT system, and 4 free movies.

I thought you knew a way to get it without them advertising it. I guess I'll keep waiting.

Icculus 11-06-02 08:08 AM

Originally posted by HDTVfor30th
Different cities have different ads. Ours says no interest until April 2003 (6 months) with the free recliner, free HT system, and 4 free movies.

I thought you knew a way to get it without them advertising it. I guess I'll keep waiting.

Ask a manager if he can do a better financing deal. When I was first shopping around BB had the standard 6 months no interest (I'm pretty sure you get that no matter what with any purchase over a certain price) but the manager offered us 12 months no interest. When I told him that I didn't plan to use a Best Buy card for the TV he bumped it up to 24 months no interest ;).

A.D.D. for DVD 11-06-02 06:05 PM

Guys, I went to see this TV at Best Buy... it is a really sweet set! Extremely clear and bright picture - much better than the comparables to the left and right of it. Nice styling, too. If you're in the market for something of this size, you might want to take a look at this. This is a hell of a deal from what I can see (and no, I don't work for Best Buy or Philips).

I tried the leather recliner out, too. It's definitely not a $750 chair, but it was pretty comfortable and looked pretty sleek.

My flyer makes no mention of the gift card, and the financing is through April 2003 in my area. Whoever has 2 years and a $100 GC flyer - super-hot deal. I'm trying to talk my neighbor into getting this. He actually has a large enough room that this size of a TV makes sense.

HDTVfor30th 11-07-02 12:20 PM

I also thought it was a pretty nice set in the store, but I have a Philips 27" TV at home that makes this loud ringing sound all the time. I'm a little concerned about their quality at this point.

It also has no front inputs that I could see.

If I can get the manager to give me 18 or 24 months no interest, I still might consider it though.

Matt Stevens 11-07-02 03:01 PM

All TV makers will have some bad products. Even Pioner has released high end TV's that have issues.

HDTVfor30th 11-07-02 03:57 PM

Very true. We also have a Philips 19" in our bedroom that is actually a very nice little TV.