Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony SAT-HD200--anyone have one yet?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-02, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I am waiting for the end of the year and perhaps a price drop. Anyone have one of these yet? If so, any comments?

Thanks!

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...ATHD2H&o=m&a=0
Old 10-16-02, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I can tell you this, as I work for Sony techsupport
if you get one and call in on it, you'll have more info about than the tech you're talking to unless you get escalated, then I can't say whether or not you'll have more info or not.
We have no info on the HD200 where I work, at least not in the official tools that we use. I have managed to find the manual burried on the network, but the cust still knows more than I do about that model as they've actually used it. This of course is assuming they've read the manual, which usually isn't the case with people who call in with problems.

[rant]
I found out about the HD200 a few months ago, when someone who had been to a trade show and had seen a prototype called in asking for info as to when it was coming out.
I heard about the SLVD100 (vcr/dvd combo) when a customer called in needing techsupport on it. Way to go sony in keeping your employees up to date on your products
[/rant]
Old 10-16-02, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
now that I've vented, I'll give what info I have from memory

to take advantage of it you'll need the eliptical dish that can tune in more than one satellite at a time as most of the hi def stuff is on a different sat from the regular programming
it has inputs for an analog local off air antenna, and a second input for digital off air, hi def.
for full access to local stations via antenna you'll need both antennas, the inputs are separate.
Old 10-17-02, 01:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try this. www.avsforum.com has tons of info on HDTV boxes.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=171569
Old 10-17-02, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Thanks all, I am fairly knowledgeable and belong to that other forum.

I was wondering if anyone here has one and what they thought as the HD100 was a disaster.