DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

JVC DVD owners i need your help...

Old 10-14-02, 05:37 AM

JVC DVD owners i need your help...

I just recently purchased the 600bk series model and have been toying around with it since i received it on Tuesday. I really like the features (dvd-a, jpeg viewer, mpeg player) along with liking the picture (though some dissolves see a little too "digital").

However i rented 2 disc that froze up on it. Beauty and the Beast and Jackie Brown. Ironically these 2 titles are from Buena Vista which has the "alternate angle" for French language menu so when you play back in French it displays a different title card than the English. Ironically on these 2 discs it was right around the time of the title sequences that it started freezing up! I remember this problem being on my first generation Toshiba 2006 player but fixed on subsequent models.

What i need to know is are other JVC owners having problems with discs from certain studios or discs that freeze up during playback? I have 30 days to return and wondering if i have a "bad" player or is this indicative of all or most DVD players from JVC. I'd hate to let this player go but the most important thing is quality. I appreciate your responses?

David

P.S. Does anyone know how to check for firmware version on this player?