Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

A Flicker on Left Corner of My TV Screen When Watching DVD's...Anyone Know Why?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 09-17-02, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey guys,

OK, here's the deal. When I watch certain DVD's (the ones where it's widescreen but the black bands are just mildly thick but not the extremely thick ones-- sorry, I don't remember the aspect ratios), I get this rectangular flicker in the left hand corner of my television screen when watching my DVD's. It's fairly small, but is annoying when trying to watch the movie and seeing basically flashes in the corner. It seems to happen at the beggining of every cut scene. So if two people are having a conversation on screen, it'll flicker every time the camera shows each person talking (so you can imagine how annoying this is. It literally happens about every ten seconds).

It doesn't happen when watching regular TV. It doesn't happen when playing video games. It doesn't happen when watching the movies with the thicker black bands (probably because it covers up the flicker).

So, does anyone have any ideas on why this happens and any ideas on how to fix it? The dvd player is a BOSE and it came with my new TV. I need the actual player because it controls the volume on the television. And, if anyone needs to know, the BOSE dvd player is actually a radio too. Also, I have a Malata DVD player hooked up to the same TV and the Malata plays all DVD's fine with no flicker, so I doubt it's my TV.

Any help would be great guys. This has been happening for a while. Thanks.
Old 11-08-02, 12:24 AM
Cool New Member

I'm having the same problem, anybody know what's up??