Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Problems with my 27" TV can anyone tell me whats wrong with it?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 09-14-02, 11:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay I bought a 27 inch phillips magnavox from bestbuy about a year ago. Since the day I had it there has allways been a vertical squigly line going horizontal thru my s-video channel. It doesnt do it on any other channel. But the svideo is what I have my ps2, dvd player, dreamcast hooked up to. Recently the squigly line has got more aparent to where its darker and I can see it more. To give you a idea what it looks like it looks like there is a power suge off and on to where you get a distortion line about 3-4 inches wide all the way across the screen. Heres another weird thing when ever I have something hooked up to the s-video and I turn it off the tv goes nuts and sometime turns its self off or changes the channel its self to channel 3 and you will get a large static noise. Its a problem when I get to playing ps2 for a couple of hours and want to just play a few games for about 15mins at a time. Does anyone know whats wrong with this? Is there a way I can fix it? I got a PSP on the tv so I could go get a new one but I'm an employee at bestbuy where I bought it from so they frown apon us brining stuff back. Also I only had to pay 100 bucks for it so.

Let me know what you guys think
thanks bobby