Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Pioneer Elite PRO520HD or 42" Plasma HD

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 09-09-02, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to Home theater hardware and I have enough money for either a Pioneer Elite PRO-620HD or a 42" Panasonic HD Plasma TV and was wondering which would be a better choice. I am moving into a one bedroom apartment and I will not have a separate room for my home theater so it will be in the living room.

I was also wondering about how to wire a Plasma TV in an apartment so the wires would not be an eye sore if I hang it on the wall.

Thanks
Old 09-09-02, 04:58 PM

You really should see both and let your eyes decide. They each have their advantages and disadvantages. They're both great units though.
Old 09-09-02, 05:04 PM
Premium Member

WELCOME - take time to check some of the other forums!

Pioneer has a 42 as do they under the Elite brand. Compare the black levels!

I lean to the RPTV but I have a big room. It has better black levels but its huge. The plasma is better from the sides and is WAY cool.
Old 09-09-02, 05:57 PM

Thanks for the responses

I am still looking around at the different plasma TV’s available; the Panasonic is just the one I happened to see at my local Tweeter location. A Plasma TV is better aesthetically but I also like the size and picture quality I saw on the Pioneer Elite when I was at the store. Basically I have the funds and figured that since my DVD collection is a little over 400 and I have no home theater system that it was time for me to upgrade to a HD TV set and start enjoying my collection the way it was meant to be seen.

Right now I am leaning towards the Pioneer Elite since it is around 1k cheaper than the Plasma sets I have seen, and I can use that money towards the surround system I am planning on purchasing.

Damn this is an expensive hobby
Old 09-09-02, 07:12 PM
Premium Member

That the down side. But hey you cant take it with you!

I love the Elite. I have an older one. I am looking to upgrade next year to the Pro-720!