Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

New to forum and speaker question...

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-02, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone. New to the forum and glad to have found you.

I'm currently building my home theatre system. So far I have the following for my system.

Onkyo TX-DS797 receiver
2 Infinity IL40 front channel speakers
Infinity IL36 center channel speaker

I'm in the market now for a subwoofer and rear channel speakers. Was thinking about the Acoustic research ARS500 for my sub and the PSB Image 10S Bipolar Surround Speakers for my rears(which will be wall mounted). I'm not really experienced in the speaker department and have heard people say to make sure they are voice matched for best sound quality. I really have no clue how to make sure they are suitable for my pieces already acquired. If anyone has any suggestions as to whether these speakers would compliment my system. And if not what speakers would you recommend. Thanks...
Old 09-08-02, 09:53 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the forum (take time to look at the other areas!)

Voice matching is really mainly about the fronts so you are ok with the infinity speakers. The idea is that the speakers sound the same so when a sound pans across the front the tone will not change as it moves from right to center to left.

You might want to add Infinity Entra or Interludes to your list for rear. Also Infinity has a very cool subs with RABOS which is a notch filter to pull out any peak resonances. This give you a lot more flexiblityu in room placement.
Old 09-08-02, 11:18 PM

Originally posted by bfrank
Welcome to the forum (take time to look at the other areas!)

Voice matching is really mainly about the fronts so you are ok with the infinity speakers. The idea is that the speakers sound the same so when a sound pans across the front the tone will not change as it moves from right to center to left.

You might want to add Infinity Entra or Interludes to your list for rear. Also Infinity has a very cool subs with RABOS which is a notch filter to pull out any peak resonances. This give you a lot more flexiblityu in room placement.
So you'd recommend the infinity subs and rear channel over the ones I listed???
Old 06-27-15, 07:34 PM

Re: New to forum and speaker question...

What size are the screws used on the ars500 acoustic research subwoofer to screw in subwoofer feet? My email is [email protected]. appreciate any help from ars500 subwoofer owners. Thanks
Old 06-29-15, 10:36 AM

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer? > http://www.acoustic-research.com/support/
Old 07-16-15, 06:57 AM

I am so sorry because i am not able to help you i don't have knowledge about music system you need a dj master
Old 07-16-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by wtcsas
I am so sorry because i am not able to help you i don't have knowledge about music system you need a dj master
a 'dj master'?