DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Good but not too expensive surround sound speakers? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/235178-good-but-not-too-expensive-surround-sound-speakers.html)

datagirl7 09-07-02 04:15 PM

Good but not too expensive surround sound speakers?

I am looking for some pretty good but not terribly expensive surround sound speakers. I have 2 Infinity front speakers but am looking for either small-ish (so I can hide them) or large (I can put things on them) back speakers or a complete set. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks

dg7

skar 09-07-02 05:56 PM

Here are some smaller speakers I think are great values:

PSB Alpha Intro's
Paradigm Micro's
Def Tech ProMonitor 80's

Etrigan 09-07-02 08:05 PM

Don't know how well they will match up (soundwise) but you might wan't to look into www.polkaudio.com
I have several sets of RT25i's - discontinued, but amazing speaks-
I use them as surrounds in 1 room, mains in a small 2 chnl. in the bedroom.and another set in the cellar.
Something this small should not produce the sound and imiging that it does!
It has won awards, as an entry level speak (Stereophile,Etc.)
and rightly so !
If you're lucky, u might still be able to find some, as Polk has just recently unveiled their new line up. Good luck ! - give us a budget $wise and we may be able to help further.

CHEERS ! jeffff

datagirl7 09-07-02 09:08 PM

$200-$300 or so I guess would be where'd I'd like it to be if I'm just getting back speakers. Obviously more if a full set.

bfrank 09-07-02 09:58 PM

Infinity US-1. THey have very cool brackets built into them which will make mounting easy they are very cheap at Circuit City and the designer speaks very highly of them :lol:

:D

tommyp007 09-08-02 12:16 AM

Originally posted by Etrigan
Don't know how well they will match up (soundwise) but you might wan't to look into www.polkaudio.com
I use them as surrounds in 1 room, mains in a small 2 chnl. in the bedroom.and another set in the cellar.
and rightly so !
If you're lucky, u might still be able to find some, as Polk has just recently unveiled their new line up. Good luck ! - give us a budget $wise and we may be able to help further.

CHEERS ! jeffff

Another vote for the Polk Speakers. Awesome performance at the price.

nekobus 09-08-02 04:11 AM

Another vote for PSB and Paradigm.

djbrown 09-08-02 01:02 PM

Originally posted by Etrigan
and rightly so !

CHEERS ! jeffff

Another vote for Polk. Great sound at the price. Usually pretty cheap at CircuitCity.

gcribbs 09-08-02 07:03 PM

I would look at Energy speakers also.

they have good sound in a small package and at reasonable prices.

Take 5 or Take 5.2