Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

New Hitachi Projection TV - help with picture adjustment

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 08-28-02, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just traded in my Sony 51" for a Hitachi 51" (51SWX20B)... but no matter how much I tweak it, I can't get the picture on DVDs to look near as good as the Sony did. The regular TV picture looks fine, just not the DVD pic.

I'm using component connections and a Malata DVD player (the same DVD player / connections I had with the Sony).

I don't know exactly how to explain how it looks except that it's just not as clear as it should be. I think allignment might be off a bit (something I can't fix). Not only does it look this way, but I did the video callibration on my French Connection DVD, and when it showed me the circle that's supposed to be perfect, it was not near as perfect as it should've been.

Anyway, if anyone out there has the same TV, please let me know the picture settings you use for DVDs, and I'll try those out on mine. If it still looks really bad, I think I'll just trade back for the Sony
Old 08-28-02, 01:18 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

I don't have this tv, but you might want to uy the Avia disc, which is a great disc to own for any owner of a projection tv or otherwise for that matter. If you have the patience to ffiddle with the calibrationg you can pick this disc up at Amazon, or probably any B&M