Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Blockiness in all my DVD's on Hitachi HTD k150

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-02, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,
Im having a problem with my Hitachi.
I recently bought Lord of the Rings and Rush Hour and the fast and the furious, I notice on scenes where it is dark the blackness is extremely blocky, almost to the point of unwatchable. The fast and the furious is not as bad but its certainly there.
I am not sure if it is the DVD player or the DVD's. The DVD's are region 2. I need quick responses as I don't want to leave it to long to see whether or not its the actual player. I have tried RGB Scart and normal composite but no change (The TV does nto have S-Video).
I am in desperate need of your help. Thanks a lot
Old 08-25-02, 04:16 PM
MxL

Try some other movies...if they work it must just be the DVD.

Another option I would do is return the DVD Player. I don't know much about Hitachi but I don't really trust them either. I would recommend that you switch it for a Panasonic model if you still can.

Also, it might just be a simple adjustment of your TV or DVD video options. You may have to set your TV on a brighter level than when you watch regular TV.

Lastly, try using an S-Video or advanced component connection if you already aren't. RCA jacks appeared a little bit darker on my TV as well.
Old 08-25-02, 04:59 PM

heh its on all my DVD's e.g. Lord of the rings, The fast and the furious and Rush Hour. I doubt theyre all bad DVD's :/
I have tried using composites and RGB Scart. Fiddled with every setting. I have pretty much put it down to the player.