Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Heathers DVD won't play on my player

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-02, 09:09 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got a new dvd player and my copy of Heathers (LE) won't play on my new player. I had no problem with my old player they're both made by Sony. The new player is the Sony DVP-NS500V.

Does anyone have any idea what's wromg and what I should do.

thanks
dluv
Old 08-23-02, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Supposedly the entire first run of the Heathers LE was defective. In most cases, it worked for awhile and eventually stopped working. This does not have anything to do with players. There have been quite a few threads on this. You must spend more time with us.

Use this Link to exchange your disc for a good one. The replacement disc will have different artwork but it will work.
Old 08-25-02, 09:59 AM

Actually if dluv has the LE, the artwork on the disc will be the same. I believe that it was the non-tin versions that had different artwork. The disc in the LE tin had the school mascot on it and this is what was sent out as a replacement.
Old 08-25-02, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Danny_boy
Actually if dluv has the LE, the artwork on the disc will be the same. I believe that it was the non-tin versions that had different artwork. The disc in the LE tin had the school mascot on it and this is what was sent out as a replacement.
I originally got the tin and yes, the disc in it had the Westerburg High School Rottweilers artwork. The replacement I got has the Winona Ryder picture.

I thought I remembered reading in another thread that others got the same replacement disc as I did.
Old 08-25-02, 12:20 PM

Really. My original disc was the mascot artwork and so was my replacement. Could it be that because I sent it back to AB within two weeks of the street date I got the correct replacement? Or maybe they just send them out randomly?
Old 08-25-02, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Danny_boy
Really. My original disc was the mascot artwork and so was my replacement. Could it be that because I sent it back to AB within two weeks of the street date I got the correct replacement? Or maybe they just send them out randomly?
I'll bet it was because you sent it in so early. Mine worked at first and only after reading about problems with it much later, here on DVD Talk, did I recheck mine and then found it didn't work any more. By the time I sent for my replacement I think everyone was getting Winona Ryder discs

As art, I prefer the Winona picture but I'd still rather have the other because it was the intended artwork for the tin. But the mascot artwork is on the "yearbook" insert.