Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

A/V Receiver Yamaha RX-V620 Over-Heating Problems.

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-02, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have anyone here experienced Over-Heating problems with the A/V Receiver Yamaha RX-V620 ?

I have this receiver and the overall performance is good with a slight problem of Over-Heating. When it over heats it tends to give out static noises and I had to pull out the Power Cord and wait for 10 mins. for it to cool down first.

Is there a way to prevent Over-Heating of A/V Receivers ? can anyone please help me solve this problem.
Old 08-05-02, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've got one (actually, mine is the HTR-5460, but it is the exact smae thing), and it has never overheated on me. I have it on an open shelf with nothing stacked on or under it. Do you have it on or under anything? Do you have it so the heat can flow away from it?
Old 08-05-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Is there a way to prevent Over-Heating of A/V Receivers ? can anyone please help me solve this problem
Yes, plenty of top ventilation.

Wood rack are not as good as glass or open metal racks. You can get fans at Radio Shack to provide extra cooling. Do not stack anything on top of your receiver.
Old 08-05-02, 10:31 AM

Now I have installed a Ventilation Fan for it and it seems that it's not overheating anymore but the static noises still remains and I really don't know why. It seems that the static noises are coming only from the front left and front right speakers.

This receiver is causing a lots of problems for me considering that I had just purchased it 3 weeks ago and I also bought a new set of Front speakers for it (JBL - Heritage Series H-328).

I have noticed that the static noises is audible only if I turn the volume to above -30 dB and unfortunately that is the range for watching DVD movies.

I have decided to change to Yamaha RX-V1200 what do you think about this model ?
Old 08-05-02, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
It seems that the static noises are coming only from the front left and front right speakers.
There may be a problem with your speaker connections. See if the static is there with other source material, cd or fm.

I like Yamaha products. If the 1200 has the features you like for the price then get it.
Old 08-06-02, 11:56 PM

I have changed my RX-V620 to RX-V2200 and I was informed by the Yamaha dealer that in the RX-V series anything below RX-V1000 is NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE.

Specially the RX-V620, this model have been discontinued and I personally think that this model is a PEICE OF JUNK.
Old 08-07-02, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think the guy was just trying to make more money off of you.... You probably had a defective unit. Or a bad speaker wire/connection
Old 08-07-02, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by ANDREMIKE
I think the guy was just trying to make more money off of you.... You probably had a defective unit. Or a bad speaker wire/connection
In any case I sure hope that this RX-V2200 should perform better...