Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Help! Problems using remote with Toshiba TW40X81

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-02, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings! I am having trouble with my Toshiba TW40X81 responding to the signal from the remote control. I have two remotes (the original and a universal learning remote that has been programmed to operate the television) and the TV will not respond at all to any of the remote commands; it is presently only operable via the buttons on the front panel. The batteries in all of the remotes have been changed. The universal remote still operates all of the other devices for which it is programmed. I firmly believe, then, that the problem is with the television and not the remotes. The TV has twice been transported short distances within the past several months. The remote problem was intermittent (some days the remotes worked and on some days they didn't) until very recently. Now, they don't work at all. Does anyone have any insight into what might be the cause of this problem? I believe the remote sensor for this unit is behind the screen; is it possible to access this easily and check to see that all of the corresponding wires, etc. are properly connected?

Thanks, in advance, for your input.

Vinnie
Old 07-31-02, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably not it, but once the remote to my Toshiba wouldn't do anything either. I went nust changing the batteries, tapping on the back of it, trying from different angles and distances, mashing the buttons...

Then I noticed the tiny switch on the side of the remote to switch it over to VCR mode. I switched it back to TV and have been happy since.