DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD & Home Theater Gear (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear-5/)
-   -   Got married....Convinced the new wife for new hardware!!! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-home-theater-gear/224408-got-married-convinced-new-wife-new-hardware.html)

murpm3 07-23-02 08:30 AM

Got married....Convinced the new wife for new hardware!!!

July 13th I got married....It was a great time and I am extremely happy.

My wife and I made out pretty good on the amount of gifts...For a while now I have been talking about upgrading the home theater in my our apartment.

So anyway, yesterday I met her at Tweeter...and we did some shopping.

At Tweeter we bought a Mitsu WS-55859.....
Later on that night I bought a Harmon Kardon AVR 520 receiver new off the net.

I am pretty damn happy right now.....I dont know when I was happier...the wedding day or yesterday when I had vivid images of a 55 inch WS TV sitting in my living room. MMMMMMMM GOOOD!

What do you think about the new set up?

Sonicflood 07-23-02 09:45 AM

I think you still need a few components.... like.... speakers, DVD player, 8-track tape player and a Pronto remote!

Good job my man! Sounds like you've got a great system in the works! :)

Sonicflood

hmurchison 07-23-02 09:49 AM

Any time the Wifey starts complaining about $$$...point to the rock on her finger and that'll shut her up quick ;)

murpm3 07-23-02 10:01 AM

Originally posted by Sonicflood
I think you still need a few components.... like.... speakers, DVD player, 8-track tape player and a Pronto remote!

Good job my man! Sounds like you've got a great system in the works! :)

Sonicflood

Sorry man...forgot to say originally that I am upgrading my current system.

I have JBL 810 book shelfs for my front and rear speakers.
JBL S-Center 2 Center Channel
JBL 75 watt sub
Pioneer DVD Player - I believe its the 525
and my DVD collection is at 310 titles. LOL

And yes....since the TV is being delivered Thursday I will be buying a Progressive scan DVD player before then.

You are right about the ring though...hard to believe that the little ring cost twice what "my"....ooops I mean "our" new TV cost.

BigDave 07-23-02 10:09 AM

Originally posted by hmurchison
Any time the Wifey starts complaining about $$$...point to the rock on her finger and that'll shut her up quick ;)
That only lasts for the first round of component upgrades. After that prepare to get new furniture if you want something new. :D

gotapex 07-23-02 02:05 PM

Time for a new sub, eh? ;)

huzefa 07-23-02 04:44 PM

You know you didn't have to get married to buy all that stuff; single people can buy it too!! hehe, just kidding; enjoy your playthings.

Lethal Nemesis 07-23-02 05:34 PM

Sounds like she's definitely a keeper! :)

damn_skippy 07-24-02 11:29 PM

:thumbsup: sweet

hypeiv 07-25-02 01:33 AM

Congratulations!! Great your wife lets you spend money on that.

JBabbitt 07-25-02 07:56 AM

I dont know what your price range is, but I have been using a compbination of Mirage, Martin Logan, and B&W, and love them. Especially the sub. It is unbelievable. Congrats on the wedding.

FiveO 07-28-02 12:46 PM

Congrats! Sounds like some good stuff.

Getting married soon myself.

Just purchased a new home and moved in with her and her two kids.

I decided the only way I was gonna get what I wanted was to buy it before I moved in :)

Upgraded my TV to a Toshiba HX 50" widescreen and surround speakers to Polk FX 300i's.

This home is adequate. We're planning on building in the future and I've already planted the seed of a dedicated home theatre room...just gotta wait 5 years :( ;)