DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Removing onscreen icons from Yamaha DVD-S510?

Old 07-22-02, 06:25 PM

Removing onscreen icons from Yamaha DVD-S510?

Hi, yall...

I've been having a devil of a time with this and I was hoping someone here might be able to help.

Any time I have a DVD with an option for multiple angles in my player, a (rather) large "Angle Icon" appears in the upper-left corner of my screen for the duration that the multiple angle option is available. I'm almost certain that I one found a way to remove it, but it has returned after being reset at a repair shop.

You can imagine how distracting it would be watching a film, even a short film (which, in my collection, are the candidates most likely to have multiple angles) with a bit of digital eyesore mucking up the screen. I've contacted Yamaha through e-mail, but got the usual run-around that anyone might expect.

So, has anyone here experienced anything remotely similar? This is a decent player, and I can't imagine that Yamaha would not allow this function to be disabled somehow, but the manul doesn't seem to make any reference to it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

- M
Old 07-24-02, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Check the manual.