Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Toshiba SD9200 & The Others

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-02, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a Toshiba SD9200 and I must say that I am more than amazed about its performance so far. I have also used the Denon 4800. Anyway, I just watch my first DVD (Others) on this DVD player and I was actually jumping like a rabbit dodges bullits during hunting season. The sound was something incredible compare to my old JVC. The Denon is almost as good, but there is something that is not measuring up to what the Toshiba can do so far, but I cannot say exactly what yet.

Anyway, I wanted share that I had my best film experience ever here at home. Thanks to Toshiba SD9200. I only have an average Sony receiver, which will be upgraded to a Denon in a near future.

I give the DVD player 10/10.

If you have the same DVD player what do you think?

DVD SMURF
Old 05-15-02, 01:20 AM

Very solid player, wonder when Toshiba is going to release the new a new version. Right now though, if I were to buy a new DVD player, I would have to get the Pioneer DV-47a, I mean... it is an Elite so it is quality, but the kicker of this player is SACD and DVD-A under the hood in one unit. I am just waiting for "real" DVD player companies to start doing this also, not companies like Apex. Maybe the replacement for the 9200 will do this, that would be cool. It would also be great to see cheaper ones though with DVD-A and SACD.

Oh well, will have to buy the Pioneer or a quality CD/SACD player from marantz.
Old 05-16-02, 02:55 PM

i love it. It makes some noise though. Only on certain discs and certain parts. kinda weird. Quality os not affected, but on quiet scenes, I can hear it sometimes. Otherwise top notch player.