Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Any fix for the Sony 560 DVD player C:13:00 error?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-02, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started getting this error a couple of months ago on the XiFiles season discs. It has been a problem for almost every disc in seasons 2 and 3. I can usually get the disc to play by just hitting power on and off a couple dozen times. I have heard that there is a fix if you do something in the sevice menu guide. Anyone know what it is? Also, has anyone taken their player with this error in to the shop for fixing? How much was it? I don't really want to spend the money to buy a new low end Sony if I don't have to since this is my second player for in my bedroom and usually only watch X-Files, Buffy, or other TV shows on DVD, but if I could get it repaired for about 70 bucks or so, it would be worth it to me.
Old 03-10-02, 02:04 PM

From what i've read this unit has a defective laser that usually goes bad within a year of service. Mine started with lockups and skips on discs at about seven months in use. This graduated into the c13 error. I was returning some dvds thinking they were bad only to then see the problem occur on older discs that I knew were fine. I had enough forsight to save my receipt which qualified me to receive one year parts and labor on the beast. It's at the electronics hospital now.
Old 03-10-02, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was happening to the 360 model that I owned (pretty common problem I hear). I also still had the receipt so I took it in to the Sony center for repairs.
It didn't cost anything anfd took them about two weeks to get my player back to me.
Old 03-10-02, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You got it repaired before the 1 year warranty was up?
Old 03-10-02, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bcolon
You got it repaired before the 1 year warranty was up?
Yes, mine actually starting giving me that damn error message after about 3 months. I was slightly pissed to say the least considering I love SONY products and this was the first time I actually had problems with any of their product (knocks on wood).