Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

New Sony announcements including 301 disc progressive and new LCD universal remote

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

New Sony announcements including 301 disc progressive and new LCD universal remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The RM AV300 Universal Remote and a 301 disc progressive scan DVD player capable of saving the spot where you are at on a dvd even if you take it out of the player were just annouced at the Sony only show on the 18th. Here is the link for the remote:http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/2009
and for the dvd player: http://news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/2005

It looks like it is a complete overhaul.

RM-AV3000

The RM-AV3000 handles up to 18 components including: TV, DVD, CD player, VCR, tape deck, TiVo digital network recorders, and cable set-top boxes, DAT and Lutron lighting remote controls.

Updated code recognition software and the latest in remote "learning" technology puts virtually all major brands of audio/video products and infrared non-audio/video equipment at your fingertips.

This innovative remote stores 45 macro commands, each with up to 32 steps, to turn on components, select the right functions and tune to the right channel--all at the touch of a single button. It accommodates more than 1,000 additional functions, extending to non-audio and video equipment that uses compatible, infrared control signals. To make all this easier to manage, eight-character customized names can be assigned for up to 258 learned commands.

Featuring an easy-to-hold ergonomic design and a backlit, dot matrix LCD touch screen, the RM-AV3000 model enables users to create custom control keys for a variety of components. Navigation keys are positioned and sized to operate easily by touch. A convenient menu button displays TV, VCR, and other electronic program guides to simplify the conversion process.

Other features include a memory backup, a hold function to lock buttons, clock/timer function and a copy function to transfer settings and commands. Available next month, the RM-AV3000 is expected to sell for about $200.

DVP-CX875P

-- Sony is adding progressive scan output and MP3 playback capability to the DVP-CX875P, a 301-disc CD/DVD changer. It's perfect for those with extensive DVD-Video libraries. This unit offers 40-disc Resume Memory capability, CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW playback, and the Disc Explorer™ on-screen graphical user interface. Available in August, the DVP-CX875 will sell for about $500.
Old 02-26-02, 02:35 PM

OK, it is about time SONY came out with a mega-changer that supports CD-R. Plus is supports MP3 which is great too. The progressive scan feature is nice too but my TV doesn't support it. Let's just hope it has a nice Menu System and changes Discs smoothly with no jamming. I've been holding out on a new player for something just like this. :-)

Regarding the RM-AV3000, I have the 2000 model from 2 years ago. It takes 6 AA batteries and is kind of heavy. I wonder if the 3000 is a significant improvement over the 2000?
Old 02-26-02, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Does the original LCD handle tivo also because that is a nice feature for me, and wanted to pick up this remote anyways. So I can wait for the new one.
Old 02-26-02, 09:06 PM

I believe only the 3000 supports TIVO.
Old 02-26-02, 09:08 PM

Old 02-26-02, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is a better image of the 3000 and another new Sony remote that is about 100 bucks cheaper.

I have the 2100 and it does not support Tvo, but I'm sure the 3000 will.

These pixs were borrowed from www.remotecentral.com . A great site with lots of detailed info on high end remotes and other electronics stuff.
Old 02-27-02, 03:31 AM

Cool!! I've been holding out for a DVD changer that is progressive. I know there are a few out already but everything I have is Sony.

~LP