DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Swan Diva speakers

Old 02-20-02, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Swan Diva speakers

Anyone have any experience with these? The prices are attractive (they should be from China) but there is alot of buzz lately.

http://www.av123.com/divaproducts.html
Old 02-25-02, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dunno if this inspired your thread, but:

http://forums14.consumerreview.com/c...hDP^[email protected]
Old 02-25-02, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A good place to get info on the Divas is at the AVSforum (www.avsforum.com). There are many Diva lovers over there, though some go a bit to extremes when praising the product.

The speakers sure do look nice though for the price though they are made in China to keep costs down, if that is an issue to anyone. Other than that, I have yet to hear a pair, but I am tempted to pick up a set for a secondary stereo system just to see how they perform.
Old 02-26-02, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the responses.

I have been to the AVS forums. I decided that although the price was quite good, the $170 to ship each way if I did not like them was too much to worry about.

I purchased a pair of B&W CM4's and a CMC center channel.

They are outstanding and I am very happy.
Old 02-28-02, 11:46 PM

I've owned a set of Divas for about 7 months: 6.1's. R3's (surrounds), C3 (center), and 2.1's (rear centers). I know it's hard to buy speakers without hearing them first and only rely on reviews by a bunch of unknown owners. With that said I must say these are great speakers, both for looks and sound. I purchased these along with SVS subwoofers because they're touted as being excellent products at their price points. Anyone who's on the fence about buying from an online company like SVS or Swan Divas I'd advise them to take the plunge...both are excellent products.

Dave Scott
Old 03-01-02, 12:17 AM
Banned

Personally, I would need to hear speakers before I put any money towards them. If you aren't able to hear a speaker before you purchase them, you could end up unsatisfied with the product. Don't forget that everyone's taste are different, so relying on another persons comments for your decision is very risky.
Old 03-01-02, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by joshd2012
Personally, I would need to hear speakers before I put any money towards them. If you aren't able to hear a speaker before you purchase them, you could end up unsatisfied with the product. Don't forget that everyone's taste are different, so relying on another persons comments for your decision is very risky.
I agree, but I think AV123 is the only retailer for Diva's in the US so unless you live Colorado it would be hard to demo them, thus you have to go on word of mouth.

I haven't read a negative review about them though
Old 03-01-02, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joshd2012
I agree and that factored heavily into my decision. They are supposedly working on a listing of customers that would agree to give demos but it is not complete yet.