Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Center Channel

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-02, 02:41 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center Channel

Appreciate all the help guys love the system is sounding real good. But there is still more questions to come....

I know a center does alot for a sound system.But actually how much do they do?.. And if so would it be worth my while to pick up a LARGER center channel. I currently have the center channel at level +10 on my amp. But even at times it is still hard to hear poeple tlaking in action scenes.. I would like to stick with Energy because I can get a good deal, but if there is something better I'll go for it.
Old 02-20-02, 02:45 AM
Cool New Member

Oh yeah I believe they are the bottom of the line Energy speakers. They sound good but I just dont think the center is strong enough.......
Old 02-20-02, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The center produces about 80% of the dialog in a movie so it is very important.

Buying a larger center will not make it louder. You will need to buy one with a higher sensitivity rating or lower ohm rating.

However sticking to the same brand is probably more important for timbre matching the rest of the speakers so I would stick with your Energy speaker.

Try lowering the rest of your speaker levels down a few dB to equalize the sound.