Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

dvd players for around $150...suggestions?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 02-19-02, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a second player. It will be for my bedroom tv which is a nice sony 27" inch flatscreen, but nothing fancy and it will not ever be hooked up to a receiver or anything like that. So i'm just trying to find the best player that I can for around $150. Is there anything good for around that? Someone recommeded the Panasonic RV31. It's on sale at Amazon for $140 shipped. It looks pretty good. What does everyone here think or suggest?

Thanks.
Old 02-19-02, 11:47 PM

Panasonic is good choice

The RV31K is a very good player for the money. I can help turn that $140 shipped amazon price into $120 for you.....

Use the coupon code at this link:

Amazon "daily" $20 off $99 coupon page

For the past few days they have been putting up a $20 off of $99 coupon - it is only good for one day and expires at midnight PST, but they keep posting new codes every day

Hopefully you read this in time if you are serious about the RV31K - $120 shipped is a great deal on this player!
Old 02-20-02, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tried this, but there is no code on the page? Help?
Old 02-20-02, 11:45 AM

I bought a Pioneer DV-343 from Amazon in October for about $130. Nice picture quality with all the right jacks in the back (coax, optical, svideo, component video).

The only things I don't like about it is that sometimes it's a bit noisy, and the scan feature jumps in rather high increments.

At the time it was cheaper than the Panasonic by about $50. Now that the RV-31 has come down in price, I'd probably get that for this price range. It has MP3 support plus "High Speed Smooth Motion", which probably elimates the issue I have with scan on my Pioneer.

-HM
Old 02-22-02, 05:29 AM

I like the Samsung M301 for $140. Very sleek design and everything you could possibly want from a player in the sub $150 price range.

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...244&e=11049884