Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what B&M stores sell DVD racks?

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-02, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need the rack to hold about 200-300 DVDs. I've looked at stores online, but shipping to Hawaii (usually 2nd day UPS) is about $100-125, which is ridiculous. What local stores can I go to for DVD racks?
Old 02-11-02, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you have any Best Buys, Wal-Marts, Circuit Cities, etc., they all have racks in various price ranges and capacities.

You might also check at a furniture store, I picked up a set of wood media shelves that are about 4 feet high, and 3 feet wide, for 20$ (on sale, but still...) The shelves are adjustable, of course, and I have the unit set up with 5 shelves counting the bottom one. I have video games in the top shelf, ~150 DVDs in the next 3 shelves (with room for another 15?) and video tapes on the bottom shelf, to be moved as I get more DVDs.
Old 02-11-02, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought mine at Target.

Old 02-11-02, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

No Best Buys or Targets here, but I will check out Circuit City and Wal-Mart. Thanks guys!
Old 02-11-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

check out this baby.
http://www.boltz.com/mm/252.html

That is if you want to pay this much. Also, if you have an Ultimate Electronics near you they sell them also. But I would order on line because shipping is free and you don't have to pay the sales tax.
Old 02-11-02, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TheKobra
check out this baby.

That is if you want to pay this much. Also, if you have an Ultimate Electronics near you they sell them also. But I would order on line because shipping is free and you don't have to pay the sales tax.
Thanks, but I was looking for more of a "bookshelf"-type DVD rack. Also, $200+ is a little pricey...
Old 02-11-02, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by TheKobra
check out this baby.

I have this rack (x3) and it kicks butt. This baby is solid. Expandle also to grow as your collection grows. The free shipping and no sales tax was a big plus.

Old 02-12-02, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Holds 152 DVDs. I got it at Walmart for 30 bucks. At that price, if you need more storage, getting two of them won't break the bank.
Edit-It's not clear from the picture, but you can fill all four shelves with DVDs. Why someone would put a vase on it is beyond me
Old 02-12-02, 03:15 PM

BOLTZ

I would recommend the Boltz setup. I have a friend who has one set up and it is GREAT! Totally expandable, and looks great. I think that is what we are going to do.

BTW, I am totally jealous of some of your guy's DVD collection!!! We're growing our collection slowly, hopefully one day...
Old 02-12-02, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by dfbennett

Holds 152 DVDs. I got it at Walmart for 30 bucks. At that price, if you need more storage, getting two of them won't break the bank.
Edit-It's not clear from the picture, but you can fill all four shelves with DVDs. Why someone would put a vase on it is beyond me

I have this and its okay, but I would perfer the Boltz once I get more DVDs, i have about 135 now, this Atlantis one is not made out of the best materials
Old 02-12-02, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yea it's not the best made rack, but what do you expect for a $30 walmart item? It's obviously not gonna be as nice as a $200+ Boltz one. For me, it works fine as I only have about 50 something discs and I find spending $200 on a rack insane for my budget.
Old 02-13-02, 08:39 AM

Stable

For me, it works fine as I only have about 50 something discs and I find spending $200 on a rack insane for my budget.
If it works good for you then that's all that matters. Personally these Metro-style racks (the larger ones) have infested my house and make the best storage racks.

The only problem that I see with the small one is that it's not very stable because of the smaller width, and I would hate it if my son or my pets were to inadvertently knock the rack down...other than that I think they are nice looking and very functional in many aspects...to me it give's it that industrial look. Probably because these are all over our manufacturing floor here at work.
Old 02-13-02, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No one here likes the wood-shelf-type racks?
Old 02-13-02, 01:30 PM

IKEA

I have a wood rack with glass shelves from IKEA. I think they look nice and they are wall mountable and stackable (as your collection grows).
Old 02-13-02, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Argh...sorry, no Ikea here. Anything else?

(God I miss the mainland. )
Old 02-13-02, 07:12 PM

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
The shelf I have is a wooden one that looks just like Scarecrow's. I feel that they are probably one of the best looking/sturdiest/most capacity shelves in the 20-30$ range...
Old 02-14-02, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
The shelf I have is a wooden one that looks just like Scarecrow's. I feel that they are probably one of the best looking/sturdiest/most capacity shelves in the 20-30$ range...
What brand is it? Where did you buy it from?
Old 02-14-02, 04:01 PM

The shelves I got are Sauder, I got them from a local (but big) furniture store for 20$ when they had a big sale.
Old 02-16-02, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, I went to Circuit City and Walmart a couple days ago, but didn't see anything I liked (all they had were these tall, skinny, "tower"-type deals that only held 70-80 DVDs). So I ended up ordering that Boltz one...mmm...can't wait to get it now.