DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need help in hiding speaker wires!!

Old 02-01-02, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Need help in hiding speaker wires!!

Appreciate yr input in recommending something that would help hide speaker wires that has sprawled all over the living room.

I live in a very small apartment space with hardwood flooring. Due to having surround sound speakers, I now have wires that are quite too obvious (even if I tape them on the floor next to the wall).

Is there anything I could buy like some sort of tape or cord that would hide them?
Old 02-01-02, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I saw these really cool cable trunks at IKEA. They have a adhesive back and you can stick them to the wall near the floor or above the baseborad and stuff cables into them.

Click on the link below and you will see a picture and some text in a green box with the title "get organized". In that green box click next a few times until you get to the page titled "hide away" it's the Montera Cable Trunking.

http://www.ikea-usa.com/deeper_knowl...ro/inwp06.asp#
Old 02-01-02, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I went to Home Depot last weekend and bought some tubing that wraps around the speaker wires. It's still obvious that there's wire there (it's a black tube) but I don't have two sets of speaker wire (and the phone line for my showstopper) exposed anymore. I think the price was around $2.50 per package.

Last edited by Icculus; 02-01-02 at 04:22 PM.