DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Need info on B&W DM603 S3

Old 01-29-02, 08:47 PM

Need info on B&W DM603 S3

I was curious if anyone out there has a pair of B&W DM603 serious 3s? Or if anyone have listened to them? How is it for the price? What's the average going price for a pair? I was quoted a price of $1000 for a new pair. Is there any other speakers in that price range it can be compared to? Any reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-30-02, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I love B&W speakers and own a pair of 602's.

IMHO depending on floor space, I would rather have 602's and a good subwoofer than a pair of 603's.

The 603 has always been a compromise for them and the 604 gets quite expensive compared to the others.

If you have the space and are going to get a good sub, then by all means get the 603's.
Old 01-30-02, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't listened to the 603 S3 yet. The 603 S2 (about $1000) was fantastic. It highly depends, though, on what type of music you listen to. Many listeners feel that the 603 gets too "boomy" for jazz or classical, and prefer the 602 (which is also an amazing speaker).

About the only other speakers I've listened to whose sound quality is comparable (and in the same price range) is the Paradigm Reference series.