DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Sony Wega problem, switching input modes

Old 01-25-02, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sony Wega problem, switching input modes

We have a 20" Wega for the bedroom that my wife mainly uses for video games. We have the cable box run into the coax, the PS2 on the rear inputs, and we'll use the front for whatever other system we feel like using.

To access these there is a button on the set, and the remote, to toggle between the three. This button no longer works all the time. You can have it on TV, press it once, and it switches to the next, but then won't change any more. You can press the channel up button and it will go back. Anyone else have this problem?

We bought it last Feb, it had a 90 day warr on labor and a year on parts so I need to move quickly here.

Guess I should have got the damn_extended warranty from Best Buy...

thanks
Old 01-25-02, 02:05 PM
Retired

That's really strange, especially if the button on the TV and the button on the remote do the same thing. I've had a 27" Wega for about a year and a half, and haven't had any problems with it. Maybe you could take a look at www.audioreview.com and see if any of the people posting reviews of your tv had the similar problem and see if they posted what they did about it.
Old 01-25-02, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Checked audioreview, there were only complaints about a buzzing which we haven't noticed.

tks
Old 01-25-02, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, after getting the second computer (mostly) up and running, I gave Google a shot. Seems there's some really crappy Wega's being sold in the UK. Regardless, the only helpful post I saw concerned somebody's PIP going wonky on them. He said he unplugged the set for ten minutes, then it worked fine.

Well, I unplugged very damn_cord from the set, left it for about 15 minutes, forget about it, was reminded by wife wanting to play Dreamcast who couldn't get the TV to come on, plugged everything back in, and the input switching now works. I guess it needed a hard restart or something in the BIOS (I'm just BS'ing at this point )

And I think I did buy the extended warranty, I looked at the receipt and there's a $29 charge for Warranties and it lists a PSP#. So did I buy the ext warranty?

cheers
Old 01-26-02, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Milo, you did by the extended warranty, probably for 2 years. The PSP stands for Product Service Plan.