DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Panasonic SC-HT290 question

Old 01-24-02, 12:52 PM

Panasonic SC-HT290 question

Hi, I was hoping maybe someone could answer my question, I have a Panasonic SC-HT290 Home Theater system, it comes with a passive subwoofer which I connect to the receiver, I connect the dvd changer to the receiver using an optical fiber cable, I wish to buy a powered subwoofer, but the only subwoofer output for a powered subwoofer that it has is on the dvd changer, and I don't know if I can connect the powered subwoofer there and still use the optical fiber cable for the other 5 speakers and the passive subwoofer that I already have.

The only thing the manual says about that output is: If you ever separate the changer from the receiver, you can connect an active subwoofer here. So I don't know if I can have the optical fiber cable and the powered subwoofer at the same time.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with this.

Thank you,

Daniel

I have a picture of that page from the manual here: http://200.12.234.198/ht290.jpg
Old 01-26-02, 10:39 AM

well nobody answered my question, well thanks anyway...

daniel
Old 01-26-02, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hi.. I dunno the answer.. but this site might be able to help, it is the Panasonic message board on hometheaterspot.com

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/ubb/u...ubb=forum&f=22