DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Backlit Movie Poster frames--have one?

Old 01-16-02, 12:12 PM

Backlit Movie Poster frames--have one?

Has anyone gone all-out and bought a backlit or rear illuminated movie poster frame for your home theater or theater lobby area? If so, what do you have and are you happy with it?

I've heard that only double-sided posters are effective in a backlit frame. True?

By the way, here's a link where you can make your own backlit frames--much cheaper. I found the link recently: http://www.citycinema.s5.com/posters.htm
Old 01-16-02, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Backlit Movie Poster frames--have one?

Originally posted by dale001

I've heard that only double-sided posters are effective in a backlit frame. True?
I think so. I have two sets of windows in my bedroom. I hung two posters over the one set. When the sun comes through, the double sided poster looks AWESOME, where as the regular poster looks all faded.
Old 01-16-02, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Double sided indeed are the way to go. A friend of mine just had one done and she is getting more....she is hooked I would suggest trying the link that was posted, because she had her's professionally done..and it wasn't cheap.

-pedagogue

ps. Speaking of posters...I found a DMB poster from 7-12-01. It was a pic that they took at the show....i have looked EVERYWHERE for it, and finally found it at a hole in the wall Record and Tape Traders in town. There was a slight crease at the bottom, but it looks GREAT in a nice frame.